Thursday 15 October 2009

Low-Carb Diet: Week 1 results



Okay, so I've had a whole week on this Vegetarian Low-Carb Diet, counting the carbs and single-handedly sustaining the entire European cheese industry.

And the results after 7 days?

I weigh 139lb - I've lost 4lbs!

Well. Bugger me.  It does work. And surprisingly fast. Okay, I'm a convert...

I've got another week to go on this very low carb level (20g per day) and after that the idea is that I can start slowly reintroducing carbs until I find the point at which my weight stabilises. Will there be room in my life for a digestive biscuit - Who knows? I think I'll stop blogging daily about it at this point though, because I really haven't that much to report. I was sorta thinking there might be interesting psychotic episodes and hallucinations and stuff, but the nearest I've come to drama is dropping a carton of cream on the kitchen floor last night, which is a bit lame.

I'm losing weight. I love (most of) the food. I'm not hungry. That's all. How great is that?

8 comments:

Chris said...

Splendid news! Grats!

Erobintica said...

Congrats! I'm just about to hope on the scale this morning (I slept late).

Janine Ashbless said...

Thanks guys! Good luck to you to Erobintica!

Madeline Moore said...

Good for you, Janine.

Jo said...

Congratulations - v tempting, might get the book! I this comes up as Friends of Breastfeeding, it's just Jo. Just testing.

Janine Ashbless said...

Hah hah - You threw me there for a moment Jo! I was wondering what the heck I'd done to draw the attention of breastfeeding activists ... And I'm going to have to stop thinking about that because my brain is trying to explode.
;-)

Jo said...

Sorry!

We're not activists, it's more of a network.

And the term is lactivists, anyway :)

As for me, I'm worried about commenting on erotica blogs under that blog name in case I attract unwanted fetishists myself! Oh, I know they're out there.

Karin said...

Gratz ------- damnnnnn am so gonna have to go back on my diet..............aaargh........does this mean a fat greyhound courtesy of the cream by any chance?