Saturday 10 October 2009

Low-Carb Diet: Day 3

Today's Menu:

Breakfast: 3-egg omelette (mushrooms and goats' cheese)

Lunch: Parmesan and macadamia nut salad. Greek yoghurt with flax seeds.

Dinner: Spinach and cream cheese gratin. Half a tomato. Half an avacado because I couldn't bear to see it sit in the fridge going black. Aargh - must learn to throw food away!

Feeling a bit of a chemical buzz. Weird. Had to force myself to eat breakfast as my appetite seems to have declined in the face of all this fatty goodness, and I can't remember ever not wanting breakfast before in my life. Lunch was yummy - will keep that recipe.

Have frozen my bananas.

2 comments:

Chris said...

My theory is that that's how it works. All diet plans are just cunning tricks to allow you to eat less, the successful ones allow you to eat less without feeling miserable about it (and therefore eat more). Ultimately, the only way you can gain weight is to take in more calories than you use, and vice versa. Everything else is special effects. Although I write from the happy position of more-or-less not having to worry about it, so my thoughts are suspect on this matter.

Janine Ashbless said...

Chris, all your thoughts are suspect!
;-)

Hunger management's certainly a part of it. But everyone who's just tried to cut down on calories knows that your eeeevil body manages to slow its metabolism to stop you losing weight. It really is a machine designed to put on fat. You have to fool the bastard thing into not realising it's burning it up.