Sunday 9 January 2011

Mighty viper


(Lord Blackadder, who had no influence on the character of Severin at all, at all. Not even a tiny tangental one right at the beginning. Well, maybe.)

Yay! Well, I couldn't make it in time for a Xmas present to myself, and then parties and redecorating and stuff interfered with my writing schedule,  but on Thursday night I finally finished the first draft of my erotic romance novella The King's Viper. I'm so relieved to have brought it to a Happy Ever After - it's been a long hard journey for me as well as for the characters. My romance is even more gruelling and dark than my erotica, as you know.

I'm now at the stage of filling in the gaps - A sentence clarifying the political background here and there; a paragraph expanding on the female protagonist's feelings at crucial points ... (This is romance, Ashbless! Emote, goddamnit!)

Of course, if you missed it in December, there's a sneeky preview snippet over here :-)

6 comments:

Vincent Copsey said...

Congrats on reaching the end. (almost)

Jo said...

Congratulations! What a good feeling that must be.

Craig Sorensen said...

Awesome! Well done.

Jeremy Edwards said...

Congratkinsonlations! ; )

Fulani said...

Congratulations!

I thought I'd finished a sequence of stories last week and then realised because of the way they cross-refer I need to do two more to finish them off... damn...

Janine Ashbless said...

Ta, guys :-) Especially Jeremy with his cunning pun!

I've managed to add another 1K of extra glitter so far ... And done some research on bears too.

And Fulani, I so know where you're coming from with that! But the story is the boss, isn't it? We hear and obey :-)