Ahem, no. But I have had another birthday, and as usual I've compiled a wee list of things I managed to do for the first time in the last year. Daren't fall into a rut at my age!
When I was 43, I:
- Watched the sun rise over Angkor Wat on my birthday.
- Had a White Xmas - yes, my first!
- Had my hair cut by a man.
- Got Gokked by a friend - makeover, haircut, eyebrow threading (OW!!). It didn't stick though. I have gone back to being unkempt.
- Went to Rome, and to San Francisco. I walked in a redwood forest!
- Did my first ever public erotica reading, at the World Horror Convention.
- Ate lunch at the Fat Duck.
- Went out in a strappy dress without a bra. Yes, first time in my adult life.
- Danced all evening in high heels. Yes, ditto.
- Saw Rammstein, live - twice!
- Invited to my house a friend from the internet who I'd never spoken to IRL (in exactly that way you're supposed not to) and it turned out she wasn't a six-foot axe-murderer with a beard (Yay!). She did make us - and I'm not exaggerating here - a bucket full of cookies. Which we ate in two days.
- With small blips (see above) kept my weight down to 9 stone. That's er, 126lbs. I like my body.
- Sold 9 short stories and got 4 rejections.
- Started publishing with Ellora's Cave
- And I endured a house extension - beginning to end. Well, endish. (Oh, I am so middle-aged. Pass me my slippers.)