It's a bit belated, but every year I try to log what I have done that's new since my previous birthday. This is to stop me getting middle-aged and lazy.
So when I was 42, for the first time ever I:
- Had short stories accepted by Harlequin Spice, Ravenous Romance, Racy Pages and Xcite.
- Travelled to 4 new countries: Poland, Thailand, Laos and Cambodia.
- Visited 2 genocide sites (Auschwitz and the Killing Fields). Which is quite enough.
- Swam in a mountain river:
- Attended a fetish party. In fact it was this one, and it was enormous fun. It had a Wild West theme, so this was my costume:
- Was asked to write a vampire novel.
- Watched my publisher go down the toilet.
- Found a diet that works. Got my weight down to the point where I actually quite like my naked body (132lb, fyi).
- Went swinging through the trees for 4 hours one evening.
- Saw the amazing plastinated cadavers and some giant animated dinosaurs.
- Saw my first 3D film. It was Up and it was awesome: 3D is the way forward.
- Went to the ballet. Didn't like it. Accepted that I don't like Shakespeare or opera either, and don't feel guilty anymore.
- Spent an hour getting a workover in a Thai massage parlour. (My FEET!)
- Engaged an architect to design an extension to the house. Oh damn damn damn - that really is middle-aged, isn't it?
There is no escape...