Monday 8 April 2013

Eyecandy Monday




I've just been to a 1920's LARP weekend as an Unconvincing Fake Nun (my "real" character was disguise); telling people I did "missionary things ... with little orphaned babies ... that sort of stuff."

That still made me way more convincing than the nuns in the Eyecandy pic above! And I was not even a bit naughty, I might add. For a start, it was too bloody cold in Featherstone Castle to take my coat off. Also, where would I have kept my revolver?

Relatively plausible

Not plausible

The trope of the Naughty Nun, btw, has a veeeeeeeery long history in art and literature:

Heinrich Lossow: The Sin (1880)
Tell people "this is not allowed" - and what happens? They want it even more.

5 comments:

Emerald said...

Whew those are hot pictures!! Love the one of you too. :)

Thanks for a lovely visual start to the morning!

Janine Ashbless said...

Morning? - I barely crawled to the computer before noon. Now it's 3.40 pm and I really ought to get dressed!

Chris said...


Ah, nunsploitation. Nice to know that I have a long and dishonourable history behind me.

Nym Nix said...

Love the Lossow.

Janine Ashbless said...

Heh - "Nunsploitation" is now my new word of the week :-)