Wednesday 4 April 2012

Game of Thrones - top totty



I've just finished watching season one of HBO's Game of Thrones  ("The Sopranos in Middle Earth"), and I'm about to start on season two. I am completely, hopelessly, addicted. I don't care much for politicking but I love those crazy badass characters.

Bet you can't guess, out of a very large cast, who it was that I had the hots for!

Was it gruff, honourable, dooooooomed Ned Stark?


Nope.

Was it pretty badboy Jaime Lannister?


Nope.

Was it scheming Queen Cersei?

 
Nope (though I've learned to admire and sympathise with her. A bit).

Was it huge macho barbarian Khal Drogo?


Nope (although he's certainly not unpleasant on the eye).

Was it crazy dragon lady Daenerys Targaryen?


Nope (although she had the best character-arc ever in series one, from dishrag to psycho barbarian queen).

Could it be cuteypie virgin John Snow, then?


Nope!

Who do I fancy? Well, it's actually divided between these two guys:



Yes. I fancy the Imp and the Ginger Outcast.

That is because I'm one of these


and both Tyrion Lannister and Jorah Mormont are smart. (And not (obviously) dicks ... though that remains to be seen.)

Anyway, there's already one episode of season two gone to air and waiting for me, which probably means everyone I fancy is already dead, because Game of Thrones is like that.


I can't wait!

6 comments:

Lucy Felthouse said...

Great post! I must admit, I'm a sucker for a smart guy, too. Though I've only watched a couple of episodes of Game of Thrones, so haven't yet decided who I fancy. If anyone.

Only time will tell...

Janine Ashbless said...

Watch it! Watch it! It is twisty and turny and gripping. And there are many boobies (if you like that sort of thing), and Tyrion slapping his nasty little nephew (Oh god, I suspect he's going to regret that soon ...), and a fabulous tomboy. And the final scene in the funeral ashes is just WAY COOOOL.

Do I sound a bit fannish?
;-)

Jo said...

I must get it! I've missed the start of season 2 even though I have sky box now on which to record things. I should get netflix, right?

Janine Ashbless said...

I think Sky will have it on repeat - just set it up to series tape, Jo.

I have to wait 2 weeks before I visit my Sky Fairy and get my fix.

(Um. He probably won't much appreciate being described as a Sky Fairy...)

Anonymous said...

I'm obsessed with this show too, although I've been warned not to get too attached to any one character! Or characters.

Anyone fancy Petyr Baelish? Yes, he's a treacherous bastard, but there's still something compelling about him...

Janine Ashbless said...

Oh - Littlefinger! Yes, he's clever, and I do like that ... but - the 'tashe! Aieee!