Tuesday 10 April 2012

Dear Author recommends!

 
Whooohooo! So good I couldn't wait for Wednesday to tell everyone - Jayne S at Dear Author has written a huge and enthusiastic review of Heart of Flame and awarded it an A-

"I’m grading very few books above a B+ these days so I’m really mad at myself for not reading this last year when it could have made my Top Ten list."

She says:

"And what a tale it is with twists and turns and adventures galore. There were times when I honestly had no idea of what would come next, and instances when I gnashed my teeth at whatever it was that interrupted me from reading the next page."

But you can read the whole review over here :-)

The only problem is that now she's wondering about reading more of my stuff...

"Is the hotness level of this book what’s usual from Ashbless? I’m not much into erotic romance and saw that term used for her books which makes me hesitate to try more."

So people have recommended The King's Viper to her, which is, indeed, my next-most "romancey" book. *Ahem.* Romance with extra Anal.

The throught of all those innocent romance readers enjoying Heart of Flame and then trying, say, Red Grow the Roses . . . makes me feel almost guilty. . . !


Download Heart of Flame at Samhain : Amazon US : Amazon UK

8 comments:

Jo said...

But RGTR is romantic!

I don't think it's quite as alarming - overall - as you make it out to be :)

Jennifer Denys said...

Hey, terrific review. Particularly as you can tell she has genuinely read it word for word as it is so detailed!

Jen

Vincent Copsey said...

Well done, Janine. That's quite an accolade, and well deserved.

Kat Black said...

It is a great review, Janine, am so pleased for you. Have bumped Heart of Flame up my TBR pile but am doing far too much reading and not enough writing at the moment!

Kat Black said...

It is a great review, Janine, am so pleased for you. Have bumped Heart of Flame up my TBR pile but am doing far too much reading and not enough writing at the moment!

Jeremy Edwards said...

Awesome, JA! Congratulations!!

Janine Ashbless said...

Thank you everyone!

I was going to spend a day in the garden ... then it starts raining ... so I come back to my computer and find my blog full of warm-hearted loveliness :-)

And yes, there is romance in RGTR, you're right Jo. Buy I don't think that's the overall impression it leaves!

Anonymous said...

The Dear Author recommendation introduced me to you recently. It was a very good review, caught my attention and interest. It's obvious the reviewer enjoyed your book very much and now I'm looking forward to reading it as soon as amazon delivers it to my kindle.

...

Actually, I'm almost ridiculously eager to read it. =D