Wednesday 16 March 2011

Emerald Islecandy

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

... I was a good blogger. Then I got distracted, to the point of not even doing my work. Apologies for being off the radar this last week, but that's what happens when Spring kicks off. A middle-aged woman's fancy turns lightly to thoughts of gardening and Ikea - and watching the last episodes of Spartacus: blood and sand all in one glorious block. But I will be back in the saddle shortly!

Tomorrow it's St Patrick's Day, I believe, so I thought it was a good time to give thanks to Ireland for all the fine eyecandy she has gifted us over the years. Liam Neeson in hair extensions is the only thing I remember with any fondness from The Phantom Menace, for a start.

Then there's Colin Farrell's eyebrows...

... Aidan Turner's eyebrows mad hair ...



... Jonathan Rhys Meyers' ... eyebrows. Okay okay, so I'm an eyebrow slut.


... Cillian Murphy's terrifying eyes and floppy hair. (See, I have range.)



... Pierce Brosnan getting deliciously crusty and grizzled as he ages. Oh, I like that!

... Stuart Townsend's impression of Bob Geldof...


... and St Bob himself, in his utter scruffiness.

Any further suggestions? To my shame, I couldn't think of any blistering hot Irish sleb women (with or without awesome eyebrows), so I think you need to let me know.

11 comments:

Eloise said...

Various Corrs might not make your list but probably make a lot of people's lists.

Although he's not necessarily your type, you missed Gabriel Byrne's eyebrows which in some shots are scarily alive.

If you go for an older than your normal readership I guess some of the Nolans... men with eyebrows and singing sisters. The Irish must offer more hotness than that, surely?

Jo said...

I'm afraid this might be what Emerald Isle candy translates as: http://www.exquisiteedibles.com/images/Swirl_Shamrock_Lollipops.jpg

I can't think of any beautiful sexy women right off the top of my head, though it seems ridiculous, there must be some. Sinead O'Connor in her day, though Cillian Murphy is conrnering the beautiful eye market in that photo - he really is a little scary beautiful elfin creature, isn't he?

We made Chris de Burg's daughter into a celeb model. What more is there to say?

Janine Ashbless said...

Oh, the female Corrs are okay I suppose (though in this picture they look airbrushed beyond the boundaries of humanity).
And Gabriel Byrne could be my type in certain lights ;-)

But YES - Sinead O'Connor! Definitely hot! With eyebrows!

Thank you both :-)

Sekrit Shoppa said...

I'd have Dylan Moran: http://www.comedycv.co.uk/dylanmoran/2002-sept-dylan-moran.jpg

And my (yet another) fantasy husband, Neil Hannon, though he's one of my 'witty skinny man' crushes rather than the eyecandy type: http://www.thenitmustbetrue.com/hannon/NeilHannon3.jpg

Dervla Kirwan, a bit boringly ubiquitous now but still v beautiful.

Sekrit Shoppa said...

Sorry, should learn how to hyperlink properly.

Janine Ashbless said...

I've not come across Neil Hannon, Justine, but of course - Dylan Moran! Enough wit and a man becomes sexy by default (Should I confess that I very nearly included Dara O'Briain in my post? He may not be beautiful but I still have wee crush on him. And he has great eyebrows.)

Jo said...

Justine, it's a and /a - embedded links are more complicated and in my opinion, not worth the agony.

Dara O B - yes, we're proud of him - he's from our town too!

But what about the women?? Where are all the creamy skinned redheads and dark haired blue eyed Spanish blooded galwegians? I still think of any! It's all blond highlights and orange fake tan these days, sadly.

Jo said...

The Seoige sisters are very popular with the menfolk, and educated and Irish speaking too - but ... gah. http://www.google.ie/images?hl=en&gbv=2&biw=966&bih=551&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=seoige+sisters&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=

Janine Ashbless said...

It's all blond highlights and orange fake tan these days

The Essexisation of the Western World...

Janine Ashbless said...

Oh, how do you pronounce "Seoige," btw?

I'm guessing at "Sweej"

Shanna Germain said...

Don't know if they're irish, but they're certainly hot redheads:

Actresses:
Felicia Day
Christina Hendricks

Singers:
Heidi Parviainen
Melissa Auf Der Maur

:P