Wednesday, 24 March 2010
This is NOT how I put my back out
I decided to make a new frog-pond in the garden.
1) I marked out the shape, roughly.
2) I attempted to protect the pitiful remnants of my lawn (This is what 10 years of dog-pee does to grass).
3) I dug an 'ole.
4) I lined the 'ole with cut-up carpet. This protects the pond membrane from roots and stones.
5) In goes a waterproof liner.
6) Fill her up from the water-butt.
7) Trim and edge. Yuck. The water need a few days to settle before plants and frogspawn get added.
In total this took about 4 hours, spread over 2 afternoons. My back was fine. Four days later I bent over to put my knickers on - and THAT is how I put my back out.