Thursday 12 November 2009

Feeling Xcited

Okay, so I don't imagine anyone is terribly surprised to hear that I've started subbing short stories to Xcite books. I'm not the only poor distressed ex-Black Lace author to follow Adam Nevill to pastures new!

My  first ever Xcite short, Shot to the Heart, has been accepted for Sex, Love and Valentines, which is due out in the UK in January 2010 - just in time for Valentine's day, of course. It's a story about shopping for lingerie, and the mischief that can lead to. (OMG I've written a sex 'n' shopping story! What is happening to me??) Nor am I the only BL name to appear between those covers: I have it from the horse's mouth that Justine Elyot, Charlotte Stein, Shanna Germain and Primula Bond are also featured within. Anyone else I should know about?

(Not meaning to reignite an old argument, I'm actually happier writing for anthologies where male authors are not excluded.)

Of course, some people at Xcite get their very own press release! Plus Xcite books have been featured on the Alan Titchmarsh show, which will mean zip to anyone who lives outside the UK or is under 40, but makes my brain bleed. Sex and Alan Titchmarsh? Owwwww....



Oh - just a reminder that the Misbehaviour anthology (which includes my messy story The Icing on the Cake) is available now from Amazon.com!  Short excerpt here.


10 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Awesome, J.A.! I'm in SL&V, too, with a piece called "Beer Bottle."

Janine Ashbless said...

Yay! It's so cool to be able to join you at Xcite, Jeremy!

Jo said...

Brilliant, Janine!

ALan Titchmarsh? Erotica, a garden gnome and a nice cup of tea.

Sekrit Shoppa said...

Oh, I say, is that the Proper Cover? I heart being in the same antho as you. And Jeremy too, and the fab Shanna Germain & Primula Bond (and Charlotte natch). All looking very good.

Janine Ashbless said...

Well, it's the Amazon cover certainly...

Jo, we British always follow sex with a nice cup of tea.
;-)

Danielle said...

truly awsome!!! congrats janine..:-) you are so awsomely productive..i love it..:-)

Janine Ashbless said...

LoL! I wish I was rather more productive, Danielle! I'm such a slow writer compared to many.

Charlotte Stein aka The Mighty Viper said...

Yeah for Xcite and for you, being all in this antho and finding the cover and the amazong addy and everything!

As you well know by now, it's always a huge honour for me to share antho space with you.

Emerald said...

I'm behind in my blog-reading, but congratulations Janine! It sounds like a fabulous antho! (I love Valentine's Day. :))

Janine Ashbless said...

Nice to hear from you anytime, Emerald.
:-)