Tuesday 10 November 2009

Fairy Tale Lust




It's been a month for short stories - writing them and having them accepted. It's makes me very happy to announce that I have a short story called Sleep Tight coming out in Fairy Tale Lust, edited by Kristina Wright. It's due out in Spring 2010 from Cleis, and this is my first time writing for Kristina and her first time editing an anthology. (This is a totally separate fairy-tale anthology from Alison's Wonderland, btw, also due out in May 2010. Hooray, hooray, fairy tales are back!)
 
Sleep Tight is a contemporary riff on Sleeping Beauty. I shall say no more about it at the moment!

I don't know the official lineup of authors yet, but on the grapevine it seems that I'm sharing this pleasure with such a lovely familiar group of writers that it feels like I'm off to the sort of party where we'll stay up all night talking: Craig J Sorensen, Charlotte Stein, Jeremy Edwards, Justine Elyot, Saskia Walker, Alana Noel Voth, Shanna Germain and Dayle Dermatis, among others. What a book!

8 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

Yay! Glad to be sharing the pages with you, Janine. I look forward to reading "Sleep Tight!"

Janine Ashbless said...

Yay! What's yours called, Craig?

Craig Sorensen said...

"Ducking."

Craig Sorensen said...

Oh, and that's the name of the story. I'm not ducking the question. ;-)

Janine Ashbless said...

Ducking as in "I want to give you a good ducking"?
;-)

Jeremy Edwards said...

Congrats, J.A.! I know your story will be a ... beauty.

I can't wait for the party!

Sekrit Shoppa said...

You find the most beautiful illustrations for your posts, Janine. And it's fab to be in another book with you xxx.

Janine Ashbless said...

Yo, J.E. and J.E.! This would be such a great party! I'd bring low-carb brownies...