Saturday 19 April 2008

CowBoy Up!


I'm so excited! I've just got official permission from my editor at Black Lace to write a minotaur story for my new anthology!!!

Yes, I had to ask permission in advance. Black Lace are extremely wary about featuring semi-human beasts even in a fantasy context - when I tried to use a minotaurish fairy in Wildwood (out in August this year) I got sent to Perverts Corner in disgrace. Despite my first anthology Cruel Enchantment featuring full-on sex with a dragon, anything too reminiscent of bestiality is now firmly rejected.

But this time I pitched for a minotaur story that will be unsettling, tragic and deeply dirty - but it won't depend for its effect on emphasising the horns 'n' hooves of one of the participants. And I was told "Go for it".

Oh, I'm just so happy!

BTW - if you haven't read The House of Asterion by Jorge Luis Borges there's a link to this (very) short but lovely story here.

No comments: