Thursday 19 September 2019

The Forgotten and the Fantastical, Vol.5

Publication news! (Not erotica this time)


I came across Teika Bellamy's The Forgotten and the Fantastical anthology series when I met her at a FantasyCon, and I knew straight away I wanted to write for it. These are collections of fairy stories; some re-workings of old tales, some entirely original. Some are dark, some are lyrical, and many - but not all - are about women and/or motherhood (a particular focus of the imprint, Mother's Milk Books). I read three volumes and was impressed by the exceptional quality of each collection. And they have BEAUTIFUL covers!






So I wrote My Son, My Daughter, a story about a desperate but clever mother who is about to lose her firstborn to the fairies unless she works a way out of it.  It riffs off the traditional Northumbrian story of My Ainsel.

If you pre-order TF&TF#5 direct from the publisher, you get £1 off the list price!

No comments: