Monday 9 September 2019

Blue Monday: The Basque of the Red Death

Every Monday I'll be posting an excerpt from one of the stories in Lust in the Dust.

The Basque of the Red Death is my own story contribution to the anthology. Okay, I'll just apologise for the terrible pun in the title now, and promise you a dark Poe-etic story of class-based biological warfare...


"Take me with you, my lord!" I begged, when it became obvious that the whole palace was in a frenzy of packing. He stood in his room surveying the spilled contents of his wardrobe. "Don't leave me here to the Red Death!"

Prince Prospero looked surprised at my plea. We'd hardly ever exchanged more than a few words. I was nothing but the gardener's boy after all; my most significant tasks were looking after the pigeons in their cote and carrying daily baskets of firewood up the many stairs to the hearths in the royal chambers. "Why should I take you, lad?" he asked; not harsh, but genuinely perplexed.

On the other hand, I've a strong young body and a pleasing face, and servants gossip. They know things they shouldn't. I took my chance and dropped to my knees before him, laying a hand upon his breeches.

Prospero shivered like a fly-struck horse and made a little noise in his throat.

"Please," I whispered, my mouth so close to his crotch that he must have felt the wet heat of my breath through the wool. "Let me do this." My fingers plucked at the ties of his garment, and he did not try to stop me. Of course such things are forbidden by Holy Writ and the law of the land alike, but what did I have to lose?

The royal cock popped out, half-hard already, into the eager embrace of my hand and lips. My prince was not at all badly wrought, I noted, as I fell to feasting on the swell of his helm. His privy hair was trimmed and perfumed and the girth of his shaft full enough, within a few moments, to be pleasing to my mouth. I'd always choose a thick cock over a long one, but it turned out that Prince Prospero was well-enough endowed in both categories to leave little room for criticism. Or indeed, breath. And I doubt that he had cause for complaint either—could he have ever had a server more motivated to please?

In other circumstances I might have enjoyed the rush of blood to my own pizzle and given it a sly fondle whilst I slurped, but the stakes were too high this time. Besides, we were in a fearful hurry—any other servant might walk in on us. So I applied myself with single-minded eagerness to his pleasure, sucking him deep into my throat. Prospero sank his fingers in my unruly brown locks and pulled my head close, grunting a little under his breath, and I had to grasp his thighs to steady his stance as he rose up on the balls of his feet; I could feel the hard slabs of muscle working beneath my palms as he thrust. That felt good, and his royal sceptre plundering my mouth felt better.

Yes, my prince. Give me your hard strong cock. Fill my throat. Fuck this poor gardener's boy like he wants, like he needs. Show him how a prince uses his weapon. Now, now, now.

When he erupted forth I made sure to take some down the wrong way and choke a little, in compliment to his munificence. My streaming eyes lifted to his as he withdrew.

He cleared his throat, tucking the royal jewels out of sight. "What's your name, boy?"

"Jakob, my lord." I wiped his aristocratic seed from the corner of my lips with the back of my hand.

"Well, you're a fine lad. Go pack your things; we leave after Vespers."


Buy Lust in the Dust:

It's the end of the world as we know it.

Peace and plenty are ideals barely remembered. Everything we used to rely upon has crumbled away, and pleasure is something few can afford. Every joy has to be fought for. When all the trappings of a civilised life are taken away, all we can hope to truly call our own are our bodies and our hearts. In the ashes, we make alliances where we can, and find solace and humanity in unexpected places. And maybe even a little hope for the future…

Lust in the Dust brings together ten erotic short stories set in times where civilisation and the rule of law have crashed and burned. The aftermath of a terrible war, a zombie invasion, a cityscape over-run by nature, a medieval fortress. Wherever there is life, there is lust.

Edited by Janine Ashbless - with stories by S. Nano, Elizabeth Coldwell, Raven Sky, Sommer Marsden, Cara Thereon, Jones, Gregory L. Norris, Nicole Wolfe, Janine Ashbless, Quiet Ranger.

No comments: