He has the right hair.
Hair matters. It's my movie, damnit.
|"Can you do massively snobbish sexually-frustrated villain, Richard?"|
I've just been writing a Uriel scene for The Valleys of the Earth. At 70K I'm now entering the endgame of the novel. This scene was a masterclass in pantsing because I had no idea how it was going to end when I started.
- I knew I had to get my protagonist out of her current Dire Peril (... she is always in dire peril)
- I knew what would happen if it was an erotica book, but it isn't
- I knew what would happen if it was a really mean horror story, but it isn't
- I didn't want her to get rescued by one of her allies, just for a change
- I didn't want her to give in to Uriel's manipulation
Writing is weird.