Friday 30 December 2011

2011 in the rearview mirror


My fave Eyecandy of 2011. Probably.

Blimey, I don't know about you, but 2011 seems to have shot past for me. No word of a lie, I still have a Xmas card from 2010 by the phone, which says "We must meet up again in 2011: ring this number and we'll sort out dinner sometime." And no, I never did get round to it. Bad Janine!  :-(

Anyway, here's the annual roundup...

Best movie? Not a bad year for the cinema at all - I saw 31 films and though there were a couple of disappointments, the quality of entertainment was pretty good overall. The ones I enjoyed most were...


127 Hours (I loved this film!)
Sucker Punch (which wins the prize for making me think most)

Best Music?  I have to confess that the CD I listened to most all year was The best of Simple Minds. And I like them more now than I did back in the '80s!
The new song that had me dancing in the (supermarket) aisles was this, rather bizarrely:



Best book?


Tales of Wonder by Jane Yolen. Somehow I managed to miss this completely when it first appeared in the 1980s, and now it's out of print. Found in a charity bookshop, and oh - what a find! I think her short story skills are incredible.

Best TV?


It has to be Spartacus - first Blood and Sand, then Gods of the Arena, which was even better. Loved it to bits. How could it be possible to have more fun in front of a television, eh?

2011 was also the Year of Fruit. Thanks to an incredibly early Spring here, and a summer of sun and showers, I managed to harvest wild plums, chequers, raspberries, blackberries and cob-nuts. An amazing bounty :-)


Here's hoping for a fruitful 2012 for all of us!
Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Jo said...

Fruitful sounds good :)

Madeline Moore said...

Happy New Year Intrepid writer of great erotic literature.

xoxo Mad

Janine Ashbless said...

Happy New Year everyone!

Chris said...

My favourite eye candy as well.

Unless you posted the nun this year.

HNY

Janine Ashbless said...

No, the nun was 2010 I think :-D