Wednesday 15 June 2011

Once upon a time...

BIG REVEAL WITH DRAMATIC MUSIC!



If anyone out there ever glances at the wordcounter to the right, they might have noticed that the count for a new novel, Named and Shamed, has been creeping slowly upward. This is my current project and I'm VERY excited about it: I've even  put writing short stories on hold :-)

I'm working on this with a new British publisher. Specifically, I was asked to write a "dark, lustfully depraved bondage fairy tale" full of  "surprise sex, bondage, abduction, bdsm and forced orgasms." So this is at the other end of my spectrum from the emotional erotic romance - it's a dark romp, a scary rollercoaster ride.

And the more I write, the more I'm surprised by the wicked filth popping out of my imagination!

What's it about? Well, there's a foundation of this:


A flavour of this:


And a seasoning of this:



Some of this and this:


But rather more of this:



So if I look a bit dazed for the next few months, you'll know why!

12 comments:

Danielle said...

ha..that sounds like MY kind of fairy tale...^^

Janine Ashbless said...

lol! Yep - I hope so!

Jo said...

Oh good lord. I love your pictures!

Craig Sorensen said...

Sounds nice and nasty. And it sounds like you'll be having a lot of fun during your daze!

Enjoy.

Fulani said...

Well, that sounds interesting. Presumably we'll all know who the publisher is when it's published - are you giving away any clues beforehand?

Janine Ashbless said...

*whispers* there may be a teeny teeny bit of love in it too, but don't tell Danielle...

Janine Ashbless said...

I'll tell you the publisher if and when the contract is signed, guys. They lured me by suggesting that my novel may be ... dan dan dan ... illustrated!

t'Sade said...

Okay, I want to read that so much now. Anyone who uses Luis Royo to describe their work gets right up there in my book. :)

Kristina Lloyd said...

I wanna read! And Derrick Pierce is in it. *swoon*

Big fat congrats. It sounds wonderful!

Sekrit Shoppa said...

Oooh, and *illustrated* too? I'm watching this space.

Janine Ashbless said...

:-)))

Thanks everyone!

Danielle said...

the LOVE made me gasp with fear..but then you calmed me down again with ILLUSTRATED....jumps*

telll us..tell us..tell us...

oh and congrats!!!