Wednesday 11 February 2009

Jade Writer of the Year

Did you hear that muffled Ka-boom? That was my ego exploding. And what a mess...


My editor at Black Lace tells me I've been named Writer of the Year at Jade: The International Erotic Art and Literature Magazine! Unfortunately I can't see this directly for myself because Jade is a subscription-only PDF download. But I can give you in full their review for Dark Enchantment. I couldn't actually imagine higher praise than this:


DARK ENCHANTMENT
Janine Ashbless
Paperback £7.99
ISBN: 978-0-352-34513-4
Black Lace
JADE rating: 10*/10

"This is without doubt the most erotic book this reviewer has ever had the pleasure to read. The author has put together a collection of eleven short stories which push the bounds of written erotica to heady new heights, her narrative prose is quite without compare. There is not a single story here which one could describe as tame or weak and the publisher is to be congratulated for not only discovering this fine talent, but in having the courage to publish her body of work in this single volume. It is true to say that this book would have been a ‘must have’ even at twice the price. I defy any man or
woman to read this superb collection and not to find themselves stirred to the point of lubrication. How one writer can produce story after story to such a very high standard is awesome - she puts other writers to shame. There are not enough superlatives to describe how I felt about this collection; sensual, sexy, erotic, by turns both dark and exciting, enticing, breathtaking. Believe me, if you love reading great erotic literature then you simply have to add this to your collection. I just hope that Black Lace can urge the author to pen another equally fine collection soon, as nothing else now compares. The very best."



Thank you Jade! You're awesome!


Not only that but the adorable Dark Angel Reviews have just given Dark Enchantment "5 Pixies". Becky Gaede says: "The book has something for everyone" and "There is one story in here that isn’t for the faint of heart..." Can you guess which one she's talking about? Bwa-hah-ha .... The full review here.


Now I'm going back to scraping congealed ego off the wallpaper. And grinning to myself.

17 comments:

Lucy Felthouse said...

I think you're entitled to have an inflated ego after that - well done! ;)

Charlotte Stein aka The Mighty Viper said...

There isn't a word you don't deserve, Janine. So thrilled for you. Hopefully this means you will now be pressured to write eight million anthologies that can fill a swimming pool, so that I can dive into them.

Nikki Magennis said...

I second Charlotte.

Very, very well done, Janine. DE is a totally wonderful book and I'm so pleased it's getting the plaudits it deserves.

Enjoy basking!

Kristina Lloyd said...

Fantastic news! Am so looking forward to settling down with this book - even more so now.

And yay! Your gangbang gets a warning in the 2nd review. Is it wrong of me to feel a little proud and moved?

Janine Ashbless said...

Thanks guys!

Oh, the huge yet incredibly fragile ego of the writer ... The nasty stuff is somehow so much easier to believe.

Recently my stuff has garnered both "without doubt the most erotic book this reviewer has ever had the pleasure to read" and "the worst book I've read this year and one of my top 5 most revolting books ever". Guess which one kept my awake at night?

Sekrit Shoppa said...

Fantastic, well done, you totally deserve the rave review.

Just finished reading DE myself and savoured every sentence. Was going to go on amazon later and post a review, but not sure I can sum it up any better than the folks at Jade.

Janine Ashbless said...

Oh, please do Justine! Pretty please!

I'd bribe you except, er, it's probably bad form or illegal. The Amazons will come round and beat us up or something...

(I like to think that Amazon is actually run by amazons. In chain-mail bikinis of course.)

Jeremy Edwards said...

Oh, Janine, big, big congratulations on this completely appropriate and accurate acknowledgment of your immense talent!

Vincent Copsey said...

Congrats, Janine! I've yet to read DE, but I'm looking forward to it.

Sekrit Shoppa said...

Tis done! I guess it will take a day or so to show up.

I like the idea of the Amazons versus the Random Virgins. I wonder who would win?

ArrowOfAdonis said...

Congratulations Janine! It's a very well deserved honour: all of your books are amazing.

*hugs*

A part of me is really hoping that's a picture of the actual award statue. How awesome would that be? LOL!

Janine Ashbless said...

I'm blushing!

Wouldn't the jade statue make a great presentation piece? Not quite as bling as Mathilde's Golden Cock award, mind.
:-D

Nikki Magennis said...

Did I just hear a rumour of a cock fight?

Go on, the big bling gold one v the jade one.

Bets please!

Madeline Moore said...

Three cheers for Janine. Do you win that jade penis? 'Cause that's some kinda statuette...but, even if you don't get the penis, you got the prize! Brava!

Janine Ashbless said...

I found the penis picture by googling "antique jade phallus" - as one does. I was sort of surprised there weren't more to pick from, actually. But it is cute.

Craig Sorensen said...

Yes, Jade is awesome, but so are you!

A well deserved recognition indeed.

Janine Ashbless said...

Justine Elyot's review has gone up on Amazon UK! Yippee! Thanks so much!
xoxo

And thanks Craig and everybody... It's snowing right now but I feel ever so warm inside.