Saturday 2 March 2019

I'm going to be a Legend

Georges Rochegrosse: Andromache (1883)

What a week! We're still trying to catch up with life after running the Gothic LARP last weekend, but I had a story to turn in too. I sat up until 4 in the a.m.  on Thursday night finishing it, emailed it on Friday morning - and had it accepted on Friday afternoon 😮 My historical fantasy The Price of Passage is now booked to appear in Vol. 3 of the Legends series from Newcon  Press, to my great delight and pride!

The incredibly grim piece of art above shows a scene from the sacking of ancient Troy. Princess Andromache, stripped nearly naked, has been seized by Greek soldiers and is helpless to stop her infant son being carried off by another Greek and dumped to his death off the walls of  the city. The antagonists are posed against a background of hanged, raped and beheaded corpses and a city in flames. Rochgrosse had a bit of a penchant for violence in his paintings, and this one is quite extreme by Victorian standards.

Next ... back to finishing off edits on Lust in the Dust! I'm just such a huge fan of sunny, optimistic themes, clearly ;-)

No comments: