Thursday 28 February 2019

You've got red on you

Lady Bagehot shortly after ripping a guest's throat out

 I had the most wonderful weekend, and honestly it's hard being back here in the real world this week! "Write? Walk the dog? Get up in time to meet the door-fitter? Pah!"

I was helping run the first game in the Victorian supernatural LARP campaign, Gothic.  We've spent the last few months writing, prop-making and stressing out about it all - but it all went smoothly (exception: the fog machine didn't work) and the players were an outstanding group who threw themselves into the drama, and the response has been so positive that I'm now looking for a site for the next one!

Malham House. Don't go down into the cellar...

 

It's been decades since I reffed a weekender and I was delighted to find that some things now make it easier, like using Facebook to communicate, (OMG, that halves the work on its own!) and the incredible ease of finding props and costume on Amazon, Wish, and Ebay instead of having to make everything yourselves (tiger-skin?  mop caps? emerald necklace? certainly madame!). That's probably a good thing, since my energy levels are lower these days!

 It's incredibly validating and rewarding to run a game and I've been on Cloud Nine! It almost makes up for the prior stress 😆😆😆

"It's pronounced Batshit"

No comments: