|... I hefted a golden eagle!|
Here goes with this year just past ... when I was 51:
For the very first time IN MY LIFE:
- I drove a BMW Z4 35is convertible sports car (bright red, of course)
- I got a photographic driver's license instead of the tatty old paper thing I'd had since a teenager
- I acquired a smartphone!
- And bought a blu-ray player (not yet plugged in, I admit)
- We moved into a house that's actually big enough to hold all our books. (This is it, Peak House ... next stop is a nursing home)
- I thus became the owner of some chandeliers. Still getting rid of them...
- I stained my deck. It took 4 days and lasted less than 4 months, so I'm pretty pissed off about that, believe me
- I used a supermarket scan-as-you-shop handheld device. It's like Star Trek, I tell you!
- I ate a fortune cookie
- I visited Uzebkistan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
- I attended our local Parish Council meeting ( which was one of the most horrifically poisonous, bitter, unpleasant public exchanges I've ever seen. Jesus Christ on a bike...)
- I visited Intensive Care in a hospital ... in fact I spent a lot of time hospital visiting 😔
- I delivered a eulogy at a family funeral
- I used Discord to play new-to-me RPG Numenera
- I reviewed a Thesaurus - and got my quote on the back cover!
- I was commissioned to write a professional RPG scenario
- I went to the Edgelit convention, which may be my favourite now
- I had three dark fantasy stories published! (That's more than my erotica count this year ... the house move and family obligations really slowed me down I'm afraid)
- I picked the stories for a Sexy Little Pages anthology:
|Now the hard editing work begins...|
- I joined FreeCycle and the National Trust
- I bought a hanging basket for the front door, and a rotary dryer for the garden
- I hand-sewed some curtains
- I lit a Yankee Candle ...
Shit, what was that about a middle-aged rut?!
I'm DOOOOOOOMED 😱😱😱