Wednesday 24 October 2018

FantasyCon Chester

Nananana nananana - BAT COOKIES!!

FantasyCon is one of the big genre-fic events of the year in the UK, with an emphasis on Horror. It's inspiring, it's exhausting and it can be a little surreal! This year it took place in Chester, a city famous for its Roman history. Even the hotel venue (which was for once not grotty, hooray) had got into the spirit:

"The Dealers' Room is over there"

Most of the pictures I took were actually of the hotel's profoundly weird collection of statues, for some reason...

"The barbarians are coming!"

"Quick, form a Testudo, men!"
We did some sensible book launches and stuff...

Newcon Books - The Scent of Tears
I drank a LOT of free wine, to be fair...

Cate Gardner and myself at the Alchemy Press launch
But I'm not sure the wine can account for all the weirdness...




And OH GOD I want this wallpaper:





[Some picture credits to Steve Shaw, Simon Bestwick and possibly others ... sorry, I've lost track]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like a really nice venue. I can see that you're having a good time too. I'd like to know what's going on with the monkey. I would love to see more statuary.