Friday 23 June 2017

OMG


SPOILERS AHOY
American Gods has just finished its Season 1 run, and what a lot of fun it was! - As well as laudable in its ethnic inclusivity, male nudity and fairly brave pokes at American Christianity. The CGI might have been ropey under HD, the artsy camerawork a little too self-indulgent, and the plot loaded with a typically Gaimanesque dearth of pace, but it was exactly what was needed whilst awaiting the next Game of Thrones season.  Hooray!

And then there's Shadow Moon, our luckless protagonist...


Shadow is the Everyman human pulled into a modern-day battle between the old pagan gods (Odin, Anansi, etc) and the new (Technology, Media, etc). He's bound to turn out to be pivotal and probably Prophesied (Mr Wednesday put a helluva lot of effort into recruiting him), but right now he just spends most of his time looking sweaty, and confused by the supernatural shenanigans unfolding around him

"OMG, WTF is this place?!"

""OMG y u here, Dead Wife?"
Physically, he looks a whole lot more divine than any of the actual gods!


To my surprise it turns out that the drop-dead gorgeous actor, Ricky Whittle, is actually British and really famous here! - I'd just overlooked his existence because he appeared in a terrible soap called Hollyoaks  that I don't watch (it's possibly the least accurate simulation of life in this country ever broadcast), and a celebrity dance-off series, Strictly Come Dancing, that I don't watch because ugh, dancing, and a SF series called The 100 which I was put off watching because it was full of bloody teenagers.

I can watch this for ages tho
Oh well, there's always Season 2 of American gods and MORE PRETTINESS to look forward to...
I shall leave you with a dance clip, because I'm all about giving the muse a go:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never need to feel embarrassed putting up an Argentine Tango...phwoar! Hotness! I get all my yearly Celeb Knowledge from Strictly but I never realised Ricky and Shadow were the same guy. Honestly, with him and Isaiah Esquire, I might have to re-evaluate my female gaze! - Annie

Janine Ashbless said...

LOL Annie!