|Joys of research: boy have I found some Crazy on the web.|
I've never written a novel so fast. Part 3 of The Book of the Watchers: The Prison of the Angels is already standing at 35K words. It helps that I know the characters so well by now, I guess!
The action so far has gone from here:
|Minot in North Dakota|
|"Photo by DAVID ILIFF. License: CC-BY-SA 3.0"|
Jotunheimen National Park, Norway
My go-to sites are Wikipedia (of course), Bible Hub, the Vatican, (for its rather wonderful virtual tours) .... and oooh look: 101 Lokis
Milja's character has evolved in quite radical ways - anyone who complained that she was 'too reactive' in Bk 1 isn't going to have a leg to stand on now. Egan has turned out to be kinky AF. Penemuel has acquired a personality that surprised me. Poor Azazel is still struggling to cope with human ways.
I'm in the process of finally answering a bunch of questions that have been deliberately left hanging since the first volume -
- "Why did the Nails work?"
- "Why have only three out of four archangels made an appearance so far?"
- "What does God Himself think about all this?"
- "What is Uriel plotting? Why do the other archangels shun him?"
- - and most disturbing of all: "What the hell is Egan's problem?!" (OMG OMG OMG)
I've introduced the Blasphemous Plot Revelation.
I can't wait to find out how :-)