Monday 13 January 2014

Eyecandy Monday


In my files this picture is entitled "from the depths", which seemed appropriate today. I've been struggling with tech going wrong - my PC and my writer's laptop both irretrievably died in one weekend - and I cope very badly indeed with tech going wrong. It taps into a black gusher of insecurity and rage because I can't fix it, and clearly at some point in my life I have picked up the conviction that I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO STUFF. So I tend to descend into a spiral of self-loathing in which I want to throw myself into a volcano for being a useless waste of space. It's a good job I'm not a supervillain with real minions, isn't it? - the volcanic attrition rate would be appalling.

Also probably a good thing I didn't go into Management.

Anyway, if you were under the impression that I am a reasonably nice person, that's only because you've never seen the Pure Evil that comes boiling out when, say, none of the USB ports are functioning.

Anyway, it's taken me hours to get this much up, so I may be taking a break from blogging until I get a decent functioning computer. Enjoy the pic :-)

2 comments:

Nym Nix said...

I feel your pain. I've been there, only I smashed my laptop when I dropped it going through airport security. Panic, rage. Repeat. I hope you sort your tech soon.

Janine Ashbless said...

Oh Nym, ow. That's awful! My wholehearted sympathies - and thank you for yours. "Panic. Rage. Repeat".