Tuesday 21 April 2009

Sexy Little Numbers cover

The Sexy Little Numbers #1 cover has gone up on Amazon, at last. Isn't it PINK? And look - it has male hands on it! Out in August (UK) - or shortly thereafter (US) - this is the first of what I believe is to be an annual Black Lace collection of short stories. The blurb on the front, if you haven't got super-vision, says: 21 stories from the hottest new names in female sexual fantasy fiction, including Kristina Lloyd, Portia Da Costa, Janine Ashbless, Carrie Williams, Rachel Kramer Bussel, Madelynne Ellis, Justine Elyot and Charlotte Stein.

Whoo! I feel like a member of an exclusive pink VIP club. With pink champagne served by butch men in pink kilts. Freaky. And what did I have to do to gain entry to this club?

"Trent on the other hand knows exactly how I feel. We’ve never talked about it, but we share an understanding. We’ve been friends for that many years that we have very few secrets. In fact, I can tell whether he’s serious about a guy as soon as he brings him home. If he thinks it might be serious, or hopes it is, Trent shuts his bedroom door. If it’s just a one night stand then he leaves it ajar with the bedroom light on, so that if I’m very quiet I can sneak up in the darkened hall and watch them fucking."

(Michelangelo's Men, Janine Ashbless)

9 comments:

Sekrit Shoppa said...

My jaw is still hanging open from being named on the cover. Just pour some of that pink champagne in for me, would ya? ;)

There is so much super-hot stuff between those covers too!

Vincent Copsey said...

Yay! What an honour being in the pink club with you, especially having just read your TOTALLY FREAKING AWESOME masterpiece of a ghost story in Dark Enchantment. That's Cold Hands:Warm Heart BTW, and I swear if MR James were still alive and writing erotica, this would be it.

Madelynne = deeply, deeply impressed.

Hm, how am I supposed to take off my fan girl hat, and go back to working after that, eh?

Janine Ashbless said...

Isn't it great getting the PDF in advance, Justine? Lots of furtive reading when we should be correcting proofs, heh heh.

Madelynne - I'm blushing. Thank you so much for that!
:-D
I love M R James of course ... though I struggle to imagine him writing erotica! Or, like, even thinking about sex.

Jeremy Edwards said...

it has male hands on it!And there will be additional male hands on it when it's released—at least in this house!

Janine Ashbless said...

I'm thinking of your hands all over its pinkness right now, Jeremy!
;-)

Nikki Magennis said...

Grrrrats Janine - and Madelynne! Butch men in pink kilts? Sounds like a lovely evening.

EllaRegina said...

I want that hand. Who does it belong to?

Janine Ashbless said...

It's a particularly evocative hand. I'm just picturing the rest of the bloke and hoping he lives up to his hand!

Jeremy Edwards said...

hoping he lives up to his hand**

Meanwhile, it looks like the hand is certainly living it up.