Tuesday 29 July 2008

Seduction Success

Thanks to the miracle of modern technology (well, er, Blogger scheduling) it shouldn't have been noticeable that I've been away for a fortnight. I went on holiday with a bunch of friends and dogs to the Isle of Man (no work done), and then followed it up with a week's dog-sitting for another friend in her place Down South - during which I wrote loads, I'm happy to say. Solitude may send one slightly batty, but that never hurt a writer's career.

So, things have been happening behind the scenes. I've completed the first 3 chapters of Heart of Flame. I finished a short erotic story on the subject of Liaisons and sent it off to Black Lace today. And I've managed to place 2 short stories! The first was a ghost story that's going to a Canadian horror anthology. The second was my erotic short story Honey Trap, which will be published by Black Lace in their upcoming collection on the theme of Seduction in February 2009.

This is the first contemporary and completely non-paranormal erotic story I've done for Black Lace, which breaks one of my rules. It's set in the Middle-Eastern state of Jordan, which breaks another rule by being a set in a holiday destination I've not actually been to yet: I don't get to Jordan until October. Hence no pretty pictures of Jordanian views on this post, just a bunch of (Moroccan) dates.

Oh, and I've got a novella (Bear Skin, in Enchanted) and a novel(Wildwood) coming out next week from Black Lace. Eeek! time to update the website, pronto!

4 comments:

Eloise said...

Congratulations!

BTW, the yellow is kind of hard to read in any feed reader (although it works OK against the dark green on your actual site). Bolding it too might have helped, or like I did, cheat and highlight the text so it shows up against a darker background colour.

Janine Ashbless said...

Oops! Normally I like to highlight in red, but if you try that on a green background it makes your eyes explode and fall out. I will avoid yellow in future though.

Nikki Magennis said...

Wow, busy bee Janine!

I can't wait to get hold of a copy of Wildwood. Congrats on all those acceptances, publications and chapters!

Janine Ashbless said...

Thanks Nikki!