Monday 24 February 2020

Woman in Horror

Art from Libidinous Zombie
I suppose I ought to address the change in my social media presence recently.

A couple of weeks ago I changed my Facebook handle to my other (real life) name, Keris McDonald. This is because this year I'm stepping back from erotica. My Facebook Author Page remains active and unchanged under the Janine Ashbless handle but things are a bit quieter here on my blog, as you may have noticed.

I have been given a WONDERFUL opportunity to write for my favourite tabletop games company, Chaosium Inc., as I have been drafted in to write part of the games manual for the upcoming Rivers of London roleplaying game. I can't tell you how lucky, proud and honoured I feel!


The Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovitch is contemporary dark fantasy, not explicit horror, but it seemed slightly simpler not to be waffling on about it under my erotica name online. Of course, the changeover was a bit of a shock to all those who have only ever known me as Janine! Oddly, that includes plenty of  horror LARPers ... But honestly, I answer to both and don't care what folks call me.

To celebrate my Coming Out I've got a post on the similarities between the horror and erotica genres over at Simon Bestwick's blog.  Simon has been a longtime enthusiast of my stories and a great convention friend. He is nagging me into getting a collection of my horror stuff in print ... more news on that later this year, hopefully!

I'll be continuing to post my erotica news here - I do have the odd smutty story coming out this year - never fear 😉

No comments: