Monday 29 July 2019

Blue Monday: Ring of Fire

Every Monday I'll be posting an excerpt from one of the stories in Lust in the Dust.

The first Zombie Apocalypse story in our lineup is Ring of Fire by Sommer Marsden, a tumultuous tale of trust and need that really burns!


“Alice, are you okay?”

“Please…” I said, surprising myself.

“Please what?” He cocked an eyebrow. His dark brown eyes were curious, but I could tell by the twist of the small smile on his face that he understood. That smile and the fact that he took a step closer, closing the distance between us.

“Take me. Just let me…” I shook my head. I wasn’t making sense. Not even to myself.
His hand cupped the back of my head and he pulled me in for a kiss. I could taste our terrible gritty campfire coffee on his lips.

I kissed him back, desperately, letting myself sink against his bulk. Now that I’d taken a breath, now that I’d exhaled, I realized how very tired I was. How extremely exhausted by handling things and running things and being brave.

Strength is sometimes overrated.

“Just let you what?”

I shook my head again, my eyes pricking with tears, not sure if I could put it into words. “Be. Let me go. Let me…”

“Turn off?”

I nodded. That was good. The best description yet. “Just for a few minutes.”

He kissed me again and I sank into it. I wanted to let go. I knew he could cover me. I knew it from our contact, our friendship, and our previous experience.

I trusted him. In this day and age, that was like handing someone your heart.

He turned me quickly before I knew what was happening. Somehow the burst of anger, the adrenaline, him squeezing my wrist, had all come together to make me wet. Unbelievably wet. But he did believe it, because he pulled me back against his chest, both of us facing that peep hole in the wall. Somehow, they always reminded me of medieval castles.

He pushed his fingers down into my jeans, slid them beneath my panties, and slipped two thick fingers inside me as easy as you please. He pressed them against me, stroking me, before pulling them free and playing my own wetness over my clitoris.

I chewed my lower lip, already so fucking close to coming.

He kissed the back of my neck and did it again. Plunging them in, playing them against my internal walls, pulling free, sliding them along my swollen clit. The kiss turned to teeth and my pussy flickered, gripping him tight. It stole my breath, how easily he could bring me pleasure when a moment before I’d wanted to hit him, to scream, possibly cry.

“That’s it,” he said, lips pressed to my neck. “Let go. It’s okay. Let me do it for a while. I’ve got you…”

Tears pricked my eyes and I hung my head. Joel took the chance to scrape his teeth along my nape, and then down my shoulder. I’m sure I tasted salty. Dirt and dust and sweat; how sexy. Goose bumps sprang up along my skin. He had a small chink out of his left front tooth and that added sharpness brought a fresh rush of wetness between my thighs.

I was lost in my own thoughts and pleasure when his hands began to war with my belt buckle. I tried to help. Then it was a flurry of our fingers. My belt came free, my zipper down, my pants fell open, and then he was batting my hands away quickly. Startling me. Adding more adrenaline and a rush of surprise to the fray.

He moved me, planted my hands on the back of a big discarded arm chair we’d lugged in so we could take turns sitting as we watched. We faced the peek window, not speaking it aloud, but needing to keep our watch even in this moment of frenzied fucking. He yanked my panties down, and a slow moan slid past my lips. He knocked my legs wide with his boot, as far as they would go with my pants tangled around my ankles.

I heard the jingle of Joel’s belt and the roar of his zipper. My ears thrummed with blood. Out in the openness was nothing but fire and smoke. None of them had appeared. Yet.


  Buy Lust in the Dust:

It's the end of the world as we know it.

Peace and plenty are ideals barely remembered. Everything we used to rely upon has crumbled away, and pleasure is something few can afford. Every joy has to be fought for. When all the trappings of a civilised life are taken away, all we can hope to truly call our own are our bodies and our hearts. In the ashes, we make alliances where we can, and find solace and humanity in unexpected places. And maybe even a little hope for the future…

Lust in the Dust brings together ten erotic short stories set in times where civilisation and the rule of law have crashed and burned. The aftermath of a terrible war, a zombie invasion, a cityscape over-run by nature, a medieval fortress. Wherever there is life, there is lust.

Edited by Janine Ashbless - with stories by S. Nano, Elizabeth Coldwell, Raven Sky, Sommer Marsden, Cara Thereon, Jones, Gregory L. Norris, Nicole Wolfe, Janine Ashbless, Quiet Ranger.

No comments: