Saturday 12 September 2009

From the ashes a fire shall be woken:

A light from the shadows shall spring...

Forgive me for quoting a poem from The Lord of the Rings, but I'm so pleased that I've lost my (at best) precarious grasp upon my dignity.

A few weeks back Xcite books announced that they intended to step up and fill some of the market gap left by the freeze at Black Lace.

They've just taken a big step in that direction by signing up Adam Nevill, the ex-editor at BL, to manage and commission their erotica line from October. Full report here. That means Adam's going to carry on being a kick-ass erotica editor as well as a writer - And for us scribblers there's some light in the darkness!

Yay Adam!


BTW, I found this out via Twitter first of all. Not that I'm on Twitter, but I saw it in Charlotte Stein's sidebar. So just for today let me say Twitter is a great idea.

7 comments:

Chris said...

First post again! (err...sorry, I'm practicing to be a fanboy (and you thought *you* had a precarious grasp on your dignity)).

That sounds like great news! I'll have to go over to Xcite and buy something.

Sekrit Shoppa said...

It's brilliant, isn't it? Let us leave behind our summer of woe to enjoy an autumn of hope!

(Don't want to be jinxy, but can't help feeling excited about the possible implications for RGTR - all extremities crossed that we get to see it sooner rather than later!)

Charlotte Stein aka The Mighty Viper said...

Yeah for Adam and yeah for Twitter!

I'm so glad that my sidebar helped spread the news. But seriously, hon, you've got to get on Twitter! I know it's the death of civilisation, but every scrap of news I've heard about publishing, Black Lace, etc, I've first heard through Twitter.

And here's to finger crossing and wood touching that we are now in the Autumn of hope. Especially re: RGTR!

Craig Sorensen said...

Fantastic news! Congrats to all!

neve black said...

Thanks for the news, Janine. This is wonderful.

Janine Ashbless said...

I can't twitter. I can't even text fer heaven's sake...

Cora Zane said...

Yay! That's awesome news!