Wednesday 20 June 2012

"A book that I had to force myself to read" - reviews


A couple of reviews for my books:

First, an absolutely stonking review for Named and Shamed from Midnight Boudoir:

"I seriously couldn't put this book down. It is a dark erotic depraved fairytale like nothing you have ever read or can conceive . . . I really am raving about this book." 

Read the whole review here.

Thank you Midnight Boudoir!   (And, by the way, she enjoyed Named and Shamed so much she rushed out to buy Red Grow the Roses too!)





Secondly, a highly entertaining (for me) review of Heart of Flame over at Long and Short Erotic Reviews. Iris was clearly cursing her luck when she started my Arabian Nights novel - she couldn't stand it! But she kept reading and ...


"What started out as a book that I had to force myself to read became the story I couldn’t put down!"

Read the whole review here.

Thanks you (especially for perservering) Iris!


:-D


4 comments:

Jo said...

That's a very nice review in the end, actually.

Janine Ashbless said...

Yes, it was. And you know, I appreciate that my novel isn't everybody's cup of tea - there are 5 main characters to introduce in that story and I do a TON of world-building too, so people looking for a quick easy genre romance are going to be a bit irritated.

I'm glad she kept going, and I'm really glad she liked it in the end.

I'm guessing she's not a "Game of Thrones" fan, though ;-)

Jo said...

I just got that out of the library. I'm a little afraid of all the beheadings and stuff, though.

Re King Charles - I realise that I may have a stronger liking for upper class men playing intellectual guitar than I previously realised.

Janine Ashbless said...

How wonderful!

Good luck with GoT - I'm not reading it because I'm pretty sure it'll be too grim. The TV series is supposed to be the fluffy upbeat version with less child rape.