Friday 18 January 2019

Playing hooky



I spent yesterday in London rampaging around as many museums as I could in a day!


I saw this at the Tate Britain:


Which was just GLORIOUS - Burne-Jones isn't even my fave Pre-Raphaelite, but this collection of paintings and tapestries was just beyond amazing. I will post more photos later...


I went to the British Museum


for this:

And this:


And I finished off at the delightful Wellcome Collection of historical medical "objects" collected by a Victorian philanthropist -


for this kinda thing:

Birthing model for trainee doctors


A bourdalou - a chamber pot for ladies!


Roman votive offerings

and for this:

A BEETROOT LATTE :O
Then I went home and watched Bandersnatch, just to balance out my aching feet with an aching head!

No comments: