Tuesday 26 May 2015

Smut by the Sea 2015

It's not just about sex, you know. It's also about CAKE
Once again I have failed to take a dip in the North Sea, I'm afraid. Every year I say to myself  "I must go to the beach, it's just around the corner," and every year the indoor lure of biccies and smut wins out. 2015 was no exception: Smut by the Sea was a dizzying day of erotica, meeting old friends, meeting wonderful new people, drinking tea, racking my brains for a new take on werewolves, signing books, buying books, free cookies (thanks to the incredible bakemeister Bella Settara), burlesque, reading out loud and getting spanked by Cara Sutra.

That last bit should have gone on for longer, I feel...

The usual suspects: Nano Vaslen, Bella Settara (in stetson), Ashe Barker, Helen Parry, Cara Sutra WITH PADDLE and Victoria "Smut" Blisse
My luck was not in on the Tombola this year I'm afraid - I only won one little sachet of lube :-(


Highlights of the day for me were the performance by the breathtaking Bea Noir whose act (that poor cucumber!) left my hands too shaky to hold the camera...





And meeting up with the amazing Cameryn Moore, who absolutely knocked my socks off:

Playwright, actress, sex-line performer
She writes personalised erotica for customers on the street, which is a kick in the nuts for those of us who need our precious comforts, privacy and safety nets before we'll dare put down any words. Go Cameryn! She's on tour at the moment with her solo play Phone Whore, so if you've got the chance check it out!

It was lovely to meet friends both old and new ... and I'm going to be back for more at Smut Manchester later in the year :-)

Photo by Jennifer Denys - thanks!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Lovely stuff. Come swim in the Irish Sea with me! We've got cold too! http://mediacache-s3eu.daft.ie/B8gtM1-9gADYLrx569YjiEBvOPD3A5fIibovQy5FJddtPXBpZSZlPTQwMHgzMDA=.jpg