"Ooh, I could just do with a bit of Xmas pudding now."
How are you, peeps? Survived Xmas okay then? We ate way past the limits of sanity, I'm afraid. Mango & nut roast, and asparagus loaf and all the trimmings ... followed by two puds.
Here's the recipe for Mr Ashbless' Annual Xmas Lime Pie, made on special request for Lucilla, who doesn't do other desserts. It is simple, yet wonderful:
- 200g packet of ginger biscuits (ginger snaps?)
- 50g butter
- 500g marscapone cheese
- 40g icing sugar
- 2 limes
- Crush the ginger biscuits, using either a food processor, or extreme violence and a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter and mix with the ginger crumbs, then press into the bottom of a flan dish to make a base. Mr Ashbless goes for a 24cm dish but you may prefer your pie deeper and narrower.
- Zest and juice the limes.
- Beat together lime zest and juice with the cheese and sifted icing sugar. Spread over the ginger biscuit base.
- Chill for 30 mins.
- Decorate with grated chocolate. Or sugared white grapes. Or don't bother, just eat :-)
This is the only thing that the dogs never get to taste at Xmas, because there's never any left over.