Sunday 20 December 2009

RGtR update



I've been moving the goalposts.

When I first started writing Red Grow the Roses I was aiming for 75K words. That became 80K. It's now set at 85K. I've one chapter and an epilogue to do to finish off, probably early in the New Year. I currently feel like I'm running a marathon in lead boots. This is, I fear, the Book With No Market - too bleak for romance, too dirty for horror, too pretentious for modern fast-paced erotica. *sigh*

Not helping my mood is the weather. Which is absolutely beautiful: brilliant sunlight shining on inches of pristine fresh snow.  But our boiler broke down this morning, leaving us with no heating or warm water.

Anyone know a good plumber?

5 comments:

Chris said...

Omg - no heating in the annual cold snap??!! Have you stopped sacrificing to Taranos? I know a good plumber up here in Northumberland...he might travel...

Maybe setting fire to something will help...

Luck

Janine Ashbless said...

Taranos doesn't cover central heating.

We bought a fan heater!

neve black said...

Get on a plane and come to Ohio. I have wonderful forced gas heat; making very balmy, tropical island-like inside, set against a winter wonderland outside. :)

Good for you on the word count and stretching those goalpost boundaries, Janine. You'll find a home for your hard work. You will.

Janine Ashbless said...

Oh Neve, I would love to get on that plane!

Plumber turned up in the afternoon (! A miracle!), touched the boiler - it worked. 12 hours later, it's broken again.

Janine Ashbless said...

Boiler refused to work all Monday. On Tuesday morning it spontaneously healed and came on with the timer.

I think it's possessed.