Saturday 10 May 2008

The Acceptable Vampire


Well, it looks like my short story The Blood of the Martyrs has been accepted for Black Lace's vampire anthology Lust at First Bite! I am really delighted, and can think of no better excuse for posting a couple of screen-caps from Dracula 2000.

Of course the first thing I did on being told was re-read the story, and I found a massive and awful typo in paragraph 2...
*Bangs head off desk*

My vampire Aronne doesn't look anything like Gerard Butler's version. He's a red-eyed albino who is not only a savage predator but a bona-fide saint. Set in modern Venice, The Blood of the Martyrs is a tale of dark and crazy Catholicism. I'll post an excerpt as we get nearer to publication.

In the meantime, ask yourself: how did Dracula get tan lines?

No comments: